Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Wayland farmer's market and New York Coffee festival

Since 1st June I have been in USA with my children and my grand daughter. My daughter was waiting for me to help decorating her new apartment, so I brought some artefacts from India including my original art works. I stayed with her for a few days and touched up some of my earlier works to suit her place. This was a completely new style I tried in acrylic and I was quite happy with the outcome.



I have been accompanying my grand daughter to the MFA[Museum of Fine Arts], as well as the Museum of Science in Boston. She is presently pursuing home schooling and we performed experiments on effervescence and acid-base indicators with the help of materials available in the kitchen. While she attended art workshops for homeschoolers every friday, I enjoyed the pleasure of viewing the museum collection. At the Museum of science, I had the privilege of viewing an excellent exhibition put up by PIXAR showing in details the creation of animated movies.
My grand daughter was invited to play cello at the Wayland farmer's market and that gave me the idea of doing a demonstration cum display of paintings done with coffee. Once again I picked up the brush and soon became busy.


 


















The above works were displayed along with some of my earlier works at the farmer's market, while I painted the egg plants belonging to the stall next to me.









This is when I came to know about New York coffee festival and submitted the following work for the coffee art project. My work, 'freindship'[above-right] was selected amongst 36 art works to be displayed at the festival.  Finalists-coffee art project-New York coffee festival 2015  






No comments: